Vision, Mission, Values
The Company of Master Mariners of Canada
The Company of Master Mariners of Canada continues to be a recognized and respected organization, representing the interests of Canadian shipmasters and senior deck officers, from which advice and guidance will be sought.
The Company of Master Mariners of Canada exists to:
- encourage and maintain a high and honourable standard of ability and professional conduct of the officers of the Canadian Merchant Service;
- provide a central body of command level mariners representing senior officers of the Canadian Merchant Service;
- encourage and further develop education, training and qualifications of young seafarers and cadets;
- participate in, and provide input into, National and International groups in matters concerning the safety, operation, and regulation of ships and their crews;
- organize conventions and seminars for the discussion and consideration of topics of interest to the Merchant Service and mariners; and,
- promote and maintain efficient and friendly cooperation between the commercial, government and military fleets of Canada.
Recognizing the unique nature of employment in the marine profession, we are guided by:
- Respect, and