Divisions all across Canada
Become a Member Today
Developing and sharing best practices in the international maritime industry
Master Mariners of Canada engage our members and maritime community to continuously improve our knowledge and expertise as maritime professionals while mentoring promising mariners as well all advocating for marine safety and cooperation
Recognition as a leading Canadian marine organization, representing the interests of shipmasters and senior deck officers, by providing education, advocacy and advice in an independent and unbiased manner
1. Strengthen our voice within the Canadian maritime industry & capitalize on established recognition to-date
Strategic Capacity Building
2. Develop greater sustainability through growing internal capacity, gaining efficiencies, re-focusing volunteer efforts and building succession planning
3. Actively consider additional areas of organizational growth and revenue sources
Initiatives & Priorities
- Establish alliances with other professional bodies having a marine focus to build membership and exposure
- Explore other revenues sources (including grants and programs); consider other professional associations and non-profits and how they attract revenue
- Review current practices for efficiencies and ensure internal continuity not reliant on one or more key individuals
- Engage in a visioning exercise on what roles MMC could assume – job board, mentoring, advocating for equality and inclusion in the maritime industry, one-stop resource, networking
- Sought-out authority to speak on matters affecting the industry and marine professionals
- Sustainable organization that exists beyond the volunteer Volunteer efforts are effectively utilized.
- Recognized resource for providing support and critical information for marine professionals at all stages of
Who We Are
Welcome to the Master Mariners of Canada
MASTER MARINERS OF CANADA is a national, not-for-profit association representing command-qualified master mariners, like-minded seafarers, industry members, and cadets across the country. Our organization takes official positions on important issues to ensure safety and to protect seafarers’ rights wherever they are working. Our work focuses on three main pillars: building awareness, supporting education and upholding advocacy.
Prospective members can choose from seven divisions
MASTER MARINERS OF CANADA is a network of like-minded professionals sharing their knowledge and experience while acting as a collective voice for the marine industry.
Our members are a geographically, culturally and demographically diverse group.
They serve in command at sea and in management positions ashore in both the private and public sectors.
They are teachers, students, advisors and practitioners-active participants in fostering professionalism, integrity and safety in Canada’s maritime industry.